Thursday, October 24, 2013

Working out at Red Rocks Part II

To continue with my rambling on what type of workouts you can do at Red Rocks

Plyo Jumping Planter Boxes

In the picture you can totally see the planter boxes. They are in each side of the bleachers with a total of 21 planter boxes. The plyometrics jumping basically you will jump straight up with your hands on top of the box while pushing down so you can lift yourself up to a point where you can step up on top of the planter box and move to the next one.
If you don't think you are strong enough to lift yourself just with your arms you can help yourself with your feet on the walls, but more likely you will hit your knee with the walls at least once so just be careful.

These routines are usually what I do whenever I go to Red Rocks depending how my body is feeling I chose between them or change the repetitions of the super set.

Routine 1

  • Run 2 Loops (Warm Up)
  • Plyo Jumping Planters (2 times)
  • Super set (3 times)
    • Run/walk  up the bleachers
    • After each run up the bleachers 3 x 20 Dips
    • Squats all the way down one squat per each bleacher row (count 69)
    • Push Ups 3 x 20 (Feet elevated)
Total of 180 dips, 207 squats, 180 push ups

Routine 2

  • Run The Rows
  • Plyo Jumping Planters (2 times)
  • Run/walk,Crawl the stairs - no skipping (5 times full length)
  • Hop in one leg from the stage up (2 times)
some days when is not that busy I'll pick a row and run some sprints or do lunges or do jump squats the bleachers, some other days I'll include some abs workout in the mix.
Keep your work out challenging and interesting by mix and match either the exercises here or whatever works for you,  but don't stop.

Not everyday I wake up and feel like working out but still do it, stop making excuses I read somewhere "I don't have time" excuse is the equivalent to "my dog ate my assignment" when we were kids.





No comments:

Post a Comment